The Golden Age of Hollywood

OKAY, SO WE HAVE OUR LISTS FOR THE ACTRESSES, SO LET'S LIST OUR TOP TWENTY FAVORITE ACTORS, GANG! I'LL LET YOU ALL START AND I'LL ADD MINE LATER! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR INPUT!! HAVE FUN!

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In no particular order;

1) John Wayne
2) James Cagney
3) Humphrey Bogart
4) Lon Chaney Sr.
5) Lon Chaney Jr.
6) Boris Karloff
7) Bela Lugosi
8) Peter Lorre
9) Jimmy Stewart
10) Spencer Tracy
11) Lionel Barrymore
12) Basil Rathbone
13) Michael Caine
14) Peter O'Toole
15) Peter Sellers
16) Cary Grant
17) Robert Duvall
18) George Clooney
19) Jack Nicholson
20) Vincent Price
1. John Barrymore
2. Anton Walbrook
3. Buster Keaton
4. James Stewart
5. Cary Grant
6. Jack Lemmon
7. James Cagney
8. William Powell
9. Henry Fonda
10. John Gilbert
11. Harold Lloyd
12. Robert Donat
13. Errol Flynn

I'll be back to add seven more after I give this more thought.....

Cagney has been my fave actor pretty much all my life, so he's #1, a VERY close second is Kirk Douglas...after that lets see...

John Garfield

John Wayne

Errol Flynn

Humphrey Bogart

Burt Lancaster

Steve McQueen

Clint Eastwood

Robert DeNiro

Warren William

Buster Keaton

Edward G Robinson

Clark Gable

Robert Mitchum

Wiliam Holden

Robert Ryan

Jackie Gleason

Richard Widmark

Paul Muni

ok i cant do it! i cant only pick 20...cuz i love Coop just as much as Widmark and Gable! and Fonda, Stewart and Cary Grant as much as Bogart, Eddie G and Flynn...then there's Claude Rains, Fredrick March, Spencer Tracy, Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Douglas Fairbanks Sr and Jr, Alan Hale sr, William Powell, Karloff, Frank McHugh, Alan Ladd, Pat O'brien, George Tobias, George Brent, Lon Chaney, Lee Van Cleef, Chaplin, Beery, Brando, Dean, Harvey Keitel, Anthony Quinn, Al Pacino, both Barrymores, Guy Kibbee, Joe E. Brown...ugh, this is impossible! :D

haha glad i could help being this thread to your attention! Van Cleef is best known for appearing in 2 of Sergio Leone's "Dollars Trilogy" spaghetti westerns with Clint Eastwood, but he is in a TON of westerns...i think High Noon was his first. he nearly always played a bad guy and got killed at some point haha

but i forgot a few more...Ty Power, Ward Bond, Harry Carey sr and jr, Ben Johnson, Robert Barratt, Allen Jenkins, Charlton Heston, Brain Donlevy, John Gilbert, Joel McCrea, William Bendix...

yup, hes one of the bad guys ;) he also in Gunfight at OK Coral, the Bravados, the Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, The Conqueror, Tribute to a Bad Man, The Tin Star, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence and also tons of westerns made in Italy in the 60's and 70's as well as a boatload of TV. he has almost 200 credits to his name!

RSS

Groups

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service