The Golden Age of Hollywood

OK, this isn't an original idea, there's a meme going around on several movie blogs asking for a list of your 20 favorite actresses. Since I haven't been "memed," I thought I'd be pro-active and start a discussion. So here are my 20 favorite classic film actresses in no particular order (hey it was difficult enough just to narrow it down to 20).

Norma Shearer
Clara Bow
Katherine Hepburn
Paulette Goddard
Irene Dunne
Anna May Wong
Judy Garland
Claudette Colbert
Thelma Todd
Marlene Dietrich
Jean Arthur
Ann Sheridan
Gloria Swanson
Elizabeth Taylor
Shirley MacLaine
Joanne Woodward
Vivien Leigh
Bette Davis
Celeste Holm
Jane Wyman

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alright I'll give this a go.

Barbara Stanwyck

Norma Shearer

Bette Davis

Joan Crawford

Kay Francis

Marion Davies

Jean Harlow

Ann Harding

Myrna Loy

Irene Dunne

Katharine Hepburn

Ginger Rogers

Jeanette MacDonald

Greta Garbo

Marlene Dietrich

Carole Lombard

Deanna Durbin

Joan Fontaine

Olivia de Havilland

Ingrid Bergman

Edit: So happy to Barbara Stanwyck on so many of these lists. :D

My first post here. I love lists. Making them...reading them...and as classic actresses is my favourite topic, I love this thread :D

The top 4 are set in stone, the rest are kind of in a loose order. 

Greta Garbo <333
Audrey Hepburn
Grace Kelly
Ginger Rogers
Rosalind Russell
Barbara Stanwyck
Katharine Hepburn
Olivia de Havilland
Judy Garland
Bette Davis
Rita Hayworth
Lana Turner
Greer Garson
Vivien Leigh
Marilyn Monroe
Joan Crawford
Madeleine Carroll
Joan Fontaine
Norma Shearer
Carole Lombard

VERY hard to limit it to twenty. I can't think of one I dislike!

RSS

Latest Activity

Groups

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2019   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service