The Golden Age of Hollywood

All Discussions Tagged 'comedy' (4)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Gilded Lily (1935)

Okay, I was browsing online deciding on my final online film  purchase when I came across this title.  The reviews sound relatively good bu…

Started by film_eccentrik

3 Sep 5
Reply by Rosie Sayer

Superseven - Operation Kiss Kiss Kill Kill is now posted!

Here is the new Superseven episode, "Operation: Kiss Kiss, Kill Kill Part Uno". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do56xHMZ-7U Don't forget t…

Started by Bob Griffith

0 Aug 11, 2012

Remember the Night-Stanwyck and Macmurray

I bought this film online 2 weeks ago because of the spectacular reviews on imdb and watched it the other night. It is what they say, funny…

Started by film_eccentrik

11 Dec 22, 2010
Reply by film_eccentrik

Henry Hathaway

I feel that Hathaway is one who never got the acclaim he deserved. He made adventure films such as The Lives of a Bengal Lancer and The Rea…

Started by M.T. Fisher

7 Jul 3, 2008
Reply by M.T. Fisher

RSS

TCM Blog

On Dave Kehr and “Movies That Mattered”

When I was in the film program at Northwestern University in Chicago, my peers and I were required to read the works of Walter Benjamin, John Berger, Michel Foucault and even Freud, Jung and Marx. The idea was to apply their theories to the cinema to better understand how film worked, or how it related […]

Making the Leap: Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. and Talkies

To view The Private Life of Don Juan click here. Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. made his last movie in 1934. The Private Life of Don Juan was, quite accidentally, a fitting farewell to one of the first megastars of the movie industry. It wasn’t clear while filming it that it would be Fairbanks’ last movie but […]

The Greatest Early Douglas Sirk: Lured (1947)

To view Lured click here. Writer and director Douglas Sirk is mainly known today for his exquisite technicolor melodramas, such as Magnificent Obsession (1954), All That Heaven Allows (1955), Written on the Wind (1956) and Imitation of Life (1959), his last feature-length film. His work throughout the 1950s, and specifically these four films, are not […]

© 2017   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service