The Golden Age of Hollywood

diane's Discussions (622)

Discussions Replied To (470) Replies Latest Activity

"The other day I saw David Hemmings in something called "The Painted Smile" (1960) -…"

diane replied Jul 18, 2014 to A Game I Play

19925 on Saturday
Reply by John Frederick Ackroyd

"10. "Where East is East" (1929) Another Lon Chaney. He plays a trapper bringing up h…"

diane replied Jun 21, 2014 to A Game I Play

19925 on Saturday

"5. "West of Zanzibar" (1928) = strictly for Lon Chaney fans of which I am a big one.…"

diane replied Jun 21, 2014 to A Game I Play

19925 on Saturday

"13. "Dangerous Corner" (1934) / Virginia Bruce"

diane replied May 24, 2014 to "Connect the Stars" game

3839 Jun 14, 2016
Reply by kareng

"kareng, if you google   EMoviez - eCRATER you will find the site. I have bought a co…"

diane replied Dec 21, 2013 to A Game I Play

19925 on Saturday

"I bought it quite a few years ago at the sadly missed Vintage Film Buff that I have…"

diane replied Dec 21, 2013 to A Game I Play

19925 on Saturday

"I just love this movie - as usual Claude Rains is great."

diane replied Dec 20, 2013 to A Game I Play

19925 on Saturday

"We revisited this movie last month. It's just as good if not better than a lot of it…"

19925 on Saturday

"5. Well it's not a wonderful life for George Macready in "The Missing Juror" (1944).…"

19925 on Saturday

"I think Ginger's haha is pretty telling - it makes me chuckle. After reading an arti…"

diane replied Nov 27, 2013 to A Game I Play

19925 on Saturday

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2017   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service