The Golden Age of Hollywood

Great Performers (32)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Are you a James Cagney fan?

Just what to see how many more people are huge Jimmy Cagney fans like me! I love the films 'The Public Enemy' and 'White Heat' I just love…

Started by Alice Rose

49 Oct 30, 2010
Reply by Alice Rose

Your Favorite Elizabeth I

I cut my teeth watching Bette Davis play Elizabeth I and her performace still electrifies me today. However, through the years there have b…

Started by John Anthony Little

4 Jan 17, 2010
Reply by Sally Stark

MICKEY ROONEY SCRAPBOOK (900 PAGE BIG!) Please help if you can...!

HELLO! I own www.mickeyrooneyfanclub.com I'm just finishing up a HUGE 900 page 12x12 DIGITAL scrapbook of Mickey Rooney. This book contai…

Started by JESSIE HEUER

1 Jan 6, 2010
Reply by MothGirl Wings

What's Your Favorite Film Role by Vivien Leigh?

I just put up a new post on my blog, Gold Coast Bluenote, entitled "Whoever You Are -- I Have Always Depended on the Kindness of Strangers.…

Started by Paco Malo

9 Oct 18, 2009
Reply by Redrose139

Judy Garland

I just noticed that TBS is showing The Wizard of Oz tonight. That reminded me of how much I love Judy Garland. Here's a link to my Judy Gar…

Started by Betty Jo Tucker

8 Jul 14, 2009
Reply by Juliette Faraone

Humphrey Bogart

Are there any Bogie fans here? If so what's your favorite Bogart movie? You might enjoy listening to my most recent Movie Addict HQ radio…

Started by Betty Jo Tucker

37 Jul 14, 2009
Reply by Juliette Faraone

The Great Sydney Greenstreet

I recently read that Sydney Greenstreet was never awarded a star on the Walk of Fame. Given some of the (in my opinon) much lesser lights t…

Started by Dave Allen

0 Jun 22, 2009

Got Oomph? The mystery of Ann Sheridan

Can anyone tell me why she was called the "Oomph" girl? I'm doing a blog on WWII stars: http://hollywoodatwar.blogspot.com Ann's allure a…

Started by AT Nelson

7 Apr 23, 2009
Reply by Catherine

Carole Lombard - First US Female Casualty of WWII?

Hi. I'm doing a site devoted to WWII Hollywood: http://hollywoodatwar.blogspot.com/ I've seen references to Carole Lombard being the firs…

Started by AT Nelson

0 Apr 13, 2009

New York Public Library and the Katharine Hepburn Papers

Just came across some really cool info about Katharine Hepburn. Was browsing The New York Public Library website and noticed it has a serie…

Started by Courte

1 Oct 24, 2008

RSS

Latest Activity

Groups

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2019   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service