You can make GAOH great again! Here are some tips on how to do that:
1. Write a blog post - people read these. They may not always reply but they are read.
2. Start a thread in one of the forum areas - Just find the appropriate area in Forums and get a conversation started.
3. Participate in the many specialty sub-groups.
4. Post some photos
5. Post some videos to YouTube and link them here.
6. Make some classic movie friends and post comments on their personal pages. If you like something a member has done encourage them by commenting.
7. Use the Facebook feature where you can crosspost things to your Facebook page
8. Use the chatroom - If you want to have a discussion set up a time for a chat and what the topic will be about. However, try and pick a time that would work for most people and be sure to say whether the time is Eastern, Central, Mountain, Western or what. That way there is no confusion as to what time you need people to show up.
Also, anything members can do to bring in other fans will help. If you're a member of other classic movie sites on Facebook or other places do a little soft promoting to let other fans know this place even exists.
I appreciate everyone's interest in keeping the site going but let's make some things happen around the place!