The Golden Age of Hollywood

One Rainy Afternoon (1936)

Starring:

Ida Lupino, Hugh Herbert & Roland Young

Views: 38

Replies to This Discussion

Wow!  What a sweet movie.  I just love Ida Lupino as a young actress.  When I first saw this "Movie of the Week" it struck a memory cell.  And, I actually found it and watched it just awhile ago.  Incredible what we learn from movies as we watch them another time.  I had never really noticed, before, that he was actually having an affair with a Married Woman.  And, that the reason Federer winded up in the wrong seat was because the theater attendant misread his ticket upside down as '99' when it should have been '66'.  So, he's now sitting next to Ida in the dark, speaking to her (she thinks him annoying), and finally reaches over and kisses her.  I noticed that Erick Rhodes (Alfredo), Ida's character fiancé also appeared in "On Your Toes" (1939) starring Vera Zorina (Ballerina), Eddie Albert and Alan Hale.  Erick plays exactly the same type roll.  Did anyone notice that Federer's court fine was only 150 Francs?  However, all the different taxes tacked on amounted to 1000 Francs.  Whoa!!!  And, did anyone notice how the Media played their photo trick back then also?  Ha!  Anyway, although not a classic, it's still an enjoyable movie.  However, I believe it was an "A" level film.  Please correct me if in error.  Hey, the "Kiss" incident started with a love song and ends with a love song and another 'Kiss'.  What an ending.

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service