The Golden Age of Hollywood

Rosie Sayer's Discussions (3,972)

Discussions Replied To (10) Replies Latest Activity

"If you like to see Ginger in her pre-Fred days, check out A Shriek in the Night and…"

Rosie Sayer replied Jan 14 to THE GROOM WORE SPURS (1951)

5 Jun 21
Reply by John Frederick Ackroyd

"This is a fun movie that I already have in my collection! Ginger Rogers is an attorn…"

Rosie Sayer replied Jan 13 to THE GROOM WORE SPURS (1951)

5 Jun 21
Reply by John Frederick Ackroyd

"I just finished watching Double Harness. Ann Harding is wonderful in it. It's a roma…"

Rosie Sayer replied Jul 2, 2017 to Double Harness (1933)

2 Jul 11, 2017
Reply by Stephen Butler

"Has anybody watched this yet? Looks like it has a great cast."

Rosie Sayer replied Jun 12, 2017 to Two Years Before The Mast (1946)

1 Jun 12, 2017
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"Device, not devise."

Rosie Sayer replied May 9, 2017 to Born Yesterday (1950)

4 May 9, 2017
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"I agree with Hawks. But my friend and I did watch it last night, and it was fun. I'l…"

Rosie Sayer replied May 9, 2017 to Monkey Business (1952)

3 May 9, 2017
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"I always found this movie almost Disney-esque. It seems geared toward children.  I w…"

Rosie Sayer replied May 8, 2017 to Monkey Business (1952)

3 May 9, 2017
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"I think it's a great movie, and I love Judy Holliday's performance. Her character, B…"

Rosie Sayer replied May 8, 2017 to Born Yesterday (1950)

4 May 9, 2017
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"I love this movie. Fred MacMurray's character is a cad and a drunk, but there's warm…"

Rosie Sayer replied Nov 10, 2016 to Swing High, Swing Low (1937)

1 Nov 10, 2016
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"I just got back from vacation this week, and I didn't get to watch any movies at all…"

Rosie Sayer replied Aug 12, 2016 to Two Girls and a Sailor (1944)

1 Aug 12, 2016
Reply by Rosie Sayer

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service