The Golden Age of Hollywood

To start a discussion, I propse to name the masters of mirth that You find as the Kings of Comedy. I propose to name my top three and ask if anyone cares to names their favorites or comment on my choices. #1 W. C. Fields #2 Groucho Marx #3 Curly Howard. I feel, for very different reasons, These 3 are the men who have given the most laughs in all my years of movie viewing. I love many more than these, but this is the cream of the crop.

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

I love the verbal routines of Abbott & Costello.

"Slowly, I turned" always makes me laugh out loud.
1. Laurel and Hardy
2. Harold Lloyd
3. Buster Keaton
4. Charles Chaplin
5. W.C. Fields
6. The Marx Brothers
7. Abbott & Costello
8. Bob Hope & Bing Crosby
1) Charlie Chaplin
2) Buster Keaton
3) The Marx Brothers
4) The Three Stooges
5) Abbott & Costello
6) Harold Lloyd
7) Laurel & Hardy
1. CHAPLIN
2. BUSTER KEATON
3 HAROLD LLOYD
4 CURLY HOWARD
5 KEYSTONE KOPS
The Marx Brothers
W.C. Fields
Laurel and Hardy
Charlie Chaplin
Harold Lloyd
Bob Hope
Buster Keaton
In no particular order: The Marx Brothers, Buster Keaton, Charlie Chaplin, Harold Lloyd, W.C. Fields and Mae West -- unfortunately there aren't too many female comedians; Rosalind Russell, Katherine Hepburn, Thelma Todd, et al, played funny roles in various movies, but also took dramatic parts. I haven't seen enough of Zazu Pitts to comment on her. Of course there's Gracie Allen. And, that great straight "man," Margaret Dumont.
Chaplin is my top followed by Keaton and laurel and hardy. Love them all though
Curly HOward, Abbott and Costello, Laurel and Hardy, That's what I grew up with and that's what I still love to this day and always will!! NYUK, NYUK, NYUK!! ; )

Oh man, I love them all. But Buster Keaton is my favorite.

RSS

Latest Activity

julie blair posted photos
Monday
Miss Retro posted photos
Saturday
julie blair posted photos
Saturday
Rosie Sayer replied to Rosie Sayer's discussion A Game I Play
Feb 11
Feb 11
Feb 11
Ktrek left a comment for Paul Batters
Feb 11
Paul Batters is now a member of The Golden Age of Hollywood
Feb 11
Gem Data replied to Rosie Sayer's discussion A Game I Play
Feb 8
Josh R.S. Lech posted a photo
Feb 8
kareng replied to Rosie Sayer's discussion A Game I Play
Feb 7
John Frederick Ackroyd replied to Rosie Sayer's discussion A Game I Play
Feb 7
Miss Retro posted photos
Feb 6
Feb 6
Gem Data replied to Rosie Sayer's discussion A Game I Play
Feb 5
Feb 5

TCM Blog

Man’s Castle 1933

Embarrassed to say but I just watched Frank Borzage’s Man’s Castle for the first time this week. Wow, what a movie! Spencer Tracy and Loretta Young are both excellent but the way the movie plows headlong into the plight of desperate people during the despression is remarkable. There are some obvious hard cuts in the movie […]

How’s It Going, Everybody?

Every now and then I stop back in to look at some of the updated comments and I’m surprised, and gladdened, to see that there still are comments! Now, I no longer get paid to post here so this is just a “Hi, how are you?” to everyone who still comments here (so don’t freak […]

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service