The Golden Age of Hollywood

So, come on, what'll it be? I vote for Notorious and His Girl Friday.

Views: 16

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my goodness! I couldn't choose just one either. Some of my favorites are:

Notorious
Arsenic & Old Lace
Mr. Lucky
North by Northwest
Suspicion
Charade
My memory of Father Goose is that my parents took me and my brother to see it at Radio City Music Hall...always a treat.
To Catch a Theif, he was awsome!
So many wonderful Cary Grant films... I really love
The Awful Truth
Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
His Girl Friday
Notorious
North By Northwest
Suspicion and
Charade
I think his charm and appeal increased as he got older!
I loved all the Cary movies I watched, but I think that my favorite is "Bringing up Baby".
Second choice, "Sylvia Scarlett"
Yes, I've just noticed that a lot of people don't like this movie! :)
I don't know why... Maybe you're right, it's about Hepburn's rough, or because this movie is a little sad...But I love it :)
I had Sylvia Scarlett...I think ti was part of a collection, I don't remember. I gave it to my daughter along with every other Katherine Hepburn movie I had. I just can't get into her. Bringing Up Baby..I just find her ever so annoying. I think it's that voice, it just grates on me. If I've seen that or The Philadelphia Story more than once, it's all about Cary!
Well since he's my favorite actor and my favorite film is His Girl Friday...it's a no-brainer. But for a role that shows his dramatic range I tend to like None But The Lonely Heart as well. But I may be biased because I loved every one of his film performances.
Oh my!! I'm a bit late in commenting!! I love him in everything too!! ; ) My favorites: Arsenic and Old Lace, Bringing Up Baby, Gunga Din, and The Philadelphia Story... Love him!! ahhhh.....
I love all of Cary's movies, because he's my favorite actor, but my top movie of his that I could watch for the rest of my life and never get tired of it would have to be when he played Geoff Carter in Only Angels Have Wings; I also love the movie because it has my favorite actress in it: Jean Arthur.

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2017   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service