The Golden Age of Hollywood

A few years back, I got these two movie posters while shopping at Ross. They're really nice posters. Not your usual paper posters, but more of composition board.

The Gone with the Wind one has TM Turner Entertainment Co. & The Stephens Mitchell Trust printed on the back.

The Singin' in the Rain one has Radio Days printed on the back.

I've looked up websites to both of these companies and can't find posters like this online. I've tried amazon and ebay. I've been back to Ross several times hoping they would have more, but I haven't seen them in a while. I know they had other movies up there when I got these two, but they were movies I didn't care about.

I was wondering if anyone here has seen these posters around or has an idea of where I might order some more.

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out Bruce Hershenson's website.  Bruce is the #1 seller and expert in movie posters. I have been purchasing from him since 1998.  He has an archive of images, etc and explanation of posters.  Helen

emovieposter.com

I totally agree. Bruce's site gives the best service of anywhere on the planet. In addition, Bruce and I have become friends on FB, and he's a prince. The ONLY problem I have with this site is that I keep spending my money there! But at least I've been able to find some great lobby cards, and managed to fill my set from 3:10 TO YUMA!

Check this out, Ginny. I clicked on the category "Movies" then "Classic" and sorted the results from highest priced to lowest priced, so that the better quality posters would show first. The stretched canvas prints might be sort of what you're looking for, but they're expensive.

http://www.allposters.com/-st/Classic-Movies-Posters_c182_.htm

Happy hunting!

Posters similar to these will occasionally show up at Hobby Lobby

RSS

Groups

TCM Blog

A Far From Perfect Understanding (1933)

To view Perfect Understanding click here. In 1929, after a successful career in silent film and at the height of her popularity, Gloria Swanson was preparing for her transition to “talkies,” the earliest, raw experiments in bringing sound to motion pictures. Her sound debut was in the 1929 drama written and directed by Edmund Goulding, The […]

Werner Herzog and the Burden of Dreams (1982)

To view Burden of Dreams click here. “If I abandon this project I would be a man without dreams and I don’t want to live like that. I live my life or I end my life with this project.” That’s how Werner Herzog responded to his investors in Germany asking him if he had the will […]

The Living and the Dead: L’Eclisse (1962)

To view L’Eclisse click here. FilmStruck is currently streaming 11 films featuring Alain Delon as part of their “Icons: Alain Delon” theme and for the next 4 weeks I’ll be spotlighting a few of my favorite titles in this collection. To learn more about the French actor please see a previous post I wrote in 2010 […]

© 2017   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service