The Golden Age of Hollywood

About: " The Golden Age of Hollywood." Fading... all but gone. What ever can we do ??

HELLO TO YOU !!
   I am Elethea Roberson. I am truly SO very eager, to bring to you a posted statement that one of my best Friends wrote ~ Jet Weston --- of " Jet Weston and his Atomic Ranch Hands." [A Great Western Band, here in the state of New Jersey !!!] I must admit, that this statement also went to the core of my heart - The love for the Stars, The "Silver Screen." The Old Golden Age of Holly Wood that I have missed... for many years.

(Jet Weston sent this Posted Statement to Charles Epting.)

I recently had a conversation with my friend Jet Weston, and he sent one of the most poignant, and touching paragraphs I've ever read. *I am sharing with his permission.

To: Charles Epting --- January 16, 2019 at 9:33 pm.

" The part that tugged at my heart strings, is that you, and me, and hopefully others are trying to find the slices of time our idols of a different time occupied. Although, we only get to know them twenty-four frames per-second, they become more apart of our lives. They become apart of us. We become close to them by owning their autographs, or posters. But, we get even closer when we stand were they stood, and see and hear what they heard. These " beings" we admire become so much of us, that we've tapped into their desire to be where they were. Our small community does it's small part to make these Hollywood shadows of the Silver Screen - immortal. These "Gods" (in the Greek sense) that they are, becoming forgotten daily. I feel somehow they know we have a relationship with them, and for that-- they smile for us every time we see them flicker. "
                                                                       - Jet Weston -

Shared by my Dear Friend,

Jet Weston --- of "Jet Weston and his Atomic Ranch Hands"

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice words.

Thank you Kareng ! I would like to know how others may feel about the - Faded Golden Age of Hollywood. We know we will never get the Golden Days back, but just to read what others actually think - in their own way...

I like looking at, and wearing some of the Old Golden Age Fashions my self...at times.( Again!.. Thank you very much !!

Hi E. Roberson

There are many great books out there by Hollywood stars of the silent era themselves and written about the great golden days of hollywood.  Love love love the fashions myself, esp the Twenties and Thirties.

Perhaps members here could get the ball rolling by adding some titles that you could explore.  I'll be back when I get my act together on that too.

Amazon is a great place for these things, and eBay as well (if you just key in something like "golden age of hollywood"

Cheers. Karen

Great to hear from the stars themselves about the great days of silent and early films in Hollywood, and other countries too.

RSS

Groups

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2019   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service