The Golden Age of Hollywood

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been reading previous rounds of "A Game I Play," and it sounds like fun, so I would like to start a round. As I understand it, one person names a film genre or category, such as films containing a certain type of event, a certain actor, etc. People take turns naming films in this category until they have reach fifty. All participants must use their own memories and knowledge; it is cheating to check some source for information.

My topic is films which are only partially in color. These could be single scenes, individual dance numbers, dream sequences, or even brief shots which are in color in a black and white movie. Of course, one could also mention a color film that contained only a brief black and white sequence. I thought of this idea because of the article I just wrote for the "Colours Blogathon" hosted by "Thoughts All Sorts." I wrote about The Solid Gold Cadillac from 1956: https://pureentertainmentpreservationsociety.wordpress.com/2017/09/.... The last minute or so of this black and white film are in color, so this is the beginning of the game. Who has the next film in this genre?

By the way, I am hosting a blogathon celebrating the Golden Code era of Hollywood. It's called "The Great Breening Blogathon." You can see the original article about it here at my website: https://pureentertainmentpreservationsociety.wordpress.com/2017/09/.... I invite everyone who loves the golden age of Hollywood to join!

Let the game begin!

Yours Hopefully,

Tiffany Brannan

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tiffany, I love your idea for a category. You don't need to start a new discussion thread to play this game. You are more than welcome to play with us at the original "A Game I Play."

RSS

TCM Blog

Jean Harlow, Mary Dees, and SARATOGA

I watched SARATOGA again last night for the first time in years and still found it very depressing. It is so sad to watch Harlow, clearly weak and listless, playing each scene when you know how sick she is. And every time I saw her double Mary Dees’ back turned to the camera, all I […]

Man’s Castle 1933

Embarrassed to say but I just watched Frank Borzage’s Man’s Castle for the first time this week. Wow, what a movie! Spencer Tracy and Loretta Young are both excellent but the way the movie plows headlong into the plight of desperate people during the despression is remarkable. There are some obvious hard cuts in the movie […]

How’s It Going, Everybody?

Every now and then I stop back in to look at some of the updated comments and I’m surprised, and gladdened, to see that there still are comments! Now, I no longer get paid to post here so this is just a “Hi, how are you?” to everyone who still comments here (so don’t freak […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service