The Golden Age of Hollywood

Classic movie Man's rate the Classics got me to thinking ( and it hurt like the dickens!)I propose that we Classic horror fans should make our own top ten! So here's mine:1 Bride of Frankenstein 2 Dracula 3The Island of Lost Souls 4 King Kong 5 Freaks 6 Frankenstein 7 The Body Snatcher 8 The Wolf-Man 9 The Invisible Man 10 The Creature From The Black Lagoon.

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

alls ya had to do was SCREAM ta get 'em off yer back! ;)
Here is mine: 1 Bride of Frankenstein 2 Frankenstein 3 Dracula 4 The Mummy 5 The Wolfman 6 King Kong 7 Island of Lost Souls 8 The Old Dark House 9 The Invisible Man 10 Creature From the Black Lagoon
10.Dracula, Prince of Darkness (Christopher Lee)
9. The Mummy (Christopher Lee)
8. The Bride of Frankenstein
7. Freaks
6. Frankenstein (Boris)
5. Metropolis (Fritz Lang - Silent)
4. Dracula (Bela)
3. The Mummy (Boris)
2. The Phantom of the Opera (Lon Chaney - Silent)
and finally....
1.King Kong

The thing is, my list is always changing! I love way too many horror movies to really have a permanent top 10. However, my top five are always the same, mostly in that order....at least #1 is always King Kong!
Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolfman, Dracula, The Mummy, Frankenstein, Creature From the Black Lagoon, King Kong, Island of Lost Souls, Freaks and The Old Dark House
1. The Bride of Frankenstein
2. The Mystery of the Wax Museum (note: when I first saw this, it was the black & white version! It was shown on the South Bend PBS station in the 80's.)
3. The Body Snatcher
4. White Zombie
5. King Kong
6. Son of Frankenstein
7. Nosferatu (1922)
8. The Raven (1935)
9. Mad Love
10. Phanton of the Opera (1925)
It seems that everybody is voting for movies before 1960.....maybe we should have another list--top ten classics of the Hammer/AIP/Amicus era.

1. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari 2. Nosferatu 3. Bride of Frankenstein 4. Island of Lost Souls 5. The Mummy 6. The Black Cat 7. I Walked with a Zombie 8. Frankenstein 9. Dracula 10. Mad Love

1. Frankenstein (1931)

2. Dracula (1931)

3. The Invisible Man (1933)

4. The Phantom Of The Opera (1925)

5. Freaks (1932)

6. The Wolfman (1941)

7. King Kong (1933)

8. Nosferatu (1922)

9. Son Of Frankenstein (1939)

10. The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service