The Golden Age of Hollywood

I was wondering who the members favorite action hero star is? Do like like Errol Flynn? John Wayne? Tyrone Power? Arnold Schwarzenegger? Charles Bronson? Audie Murphy, Hoppalong Cassidy? Tom Mix? Bruce Willis, Jackie Chan? Johnny Weissmuller?

Anyway you get the picture. I added some modern stars just for fun, but since this is a classic movie forum you don't have to acknowledge them if you don't want to.

Kevin

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Larry - I think most guys love the Bond films but I don't know that I would list any of the actors who played the role as one of my favorite action hero stars. And I certainly don't think of Michelle Gellar as an action star but to each his own! lol

Kevin
Only for the women.
Errol Flynn is Number One.
I doubt anyone could ever top him for action hero.
Second for me is Tyrone Power, also a great swashbuckler.
Douglas Fairbanks Sr. and Jr. were also great.
Harrison Ford comes closest as Indy Jones and Han Solo.
The other new new boys just have more muscles but not the flair these four had.

Walt in Chicago
For me there is only one probably the guy who set the benchmark for action heroes the one and only Errol Flynn, he was the greatest action hero ever.

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service