The Golden Age of Hollywood

Kenneth Lawson's Discussions (18)

Discussions Replied To (11) Replies Latest Activity

"A big plus to the whole event was the intro by Robert Osborne.  As was also able to…"

Kenneth Lawson replied Apr 7, 2012 to Did anyone here get to see The 70th Birthday Screening of Casablanca?

6 Jul 20
Reply by kareng

"Yes, it was truly impressive.  I discussed my impression of seeing the movie in my l…"

Kenneth Lawson replied Apr 6, 2012 to Did anyone here get to see The 70th Birthday Screening of Casablanca?

6 Jul 20
Reply by kareng

"Theres very little I can ad to the praise for Bogart that has already been said here…"

Kenneth Lawson replied Oct 25, 2008 to Humphrey Bogart

37 Jul 14, 2009
Reply by Juliette Faraone

"I just added a post to my blog that deals directly with the subjects of this group,…"

Kenneth Lawson replied Mar 23, 2008 to Classic Movies, Technology, High Defination, & DRM:

1 Mar 23, 2008
Reply by Kenneth Lawson

"What would be totally cool is to have someone like Bacall teach a series of classes,…"

Kenneth Lawson replied Mar 21, 2008 to Bogart & Bacall

54 Jul 27, 2008
Reply by Paco Malo

"I also like Dark Passage too.. I have several of his stull I've taped of TCM, includ…"

Kenneth Lawson replied Mar 15, 2008 to Bogart & Bacall

54 Jul 27, 2008
Reply by Paco Malo

"He probably could have pulled it off.. About the only I can think of who could. By t…"

Kenneth Lawson replied Mar 10, 2008 to Bogart & Bacall

54 Jul 27, 2008
Reply by Paco Malo

"Do you see the blog I did earlier this year call "Bogart Who?" its about almost exac…"

54 Jul 27, 2008
Reply by Paco Malo

"The film class need to start in high school or even older grade school, and need to…"

54 Jul 27, 2008
Reply by Paco Malo

"But I wonder if at some point he would have said "F Y" and took off on his boat and…"

54 Jul 27, 2008
Reply by Paco Malo

RSS

Groups

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service