The Golden Age of Hollywood

Bill's Discussions (14)

Discussions Replied To (11) Replies Latest Activity

"Hi Kevin. I just discovered this thread, been away for awhile. Anyway, the last purc…"

Bill replied Jun 1, 2010 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

891 on Thursday
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"Wow Kevin, I have to adimit this is one that has totally eluded me. I do have 4 movi…"

Bill replied Oct 11, 2008 to Bit Players

16 Oct 11, 2008
Reply by Christopher

"It seems almost every other movie I watch now has someone who fits the category of f…"

Bill replied Sep 6, 2008 to Bit Players

16 Oct 11, 2008
Reply by Christopher

"Here's another one I came across today. Franklin Pangborn, more than 200 movies. B…"

Bill replied Sep 3, 2008 to Bit Players

16 Oct 11, 2008
Reply by Christopher

"The scene with Gene Nelson occurs about 57 minutes into the film. They are singing a…"

Bill replied Aug 25, 2008 to Bit Players

16 Oct 11, 2008
Reply by Christopher

"Speaking of sound, you will have noticed that MGM films all have Douglas Shearer as…"

16 Oct 11, 2008
Reply by Christopher

"Since I began collecting movies over ten years ago, I have developed the habit of pa…"

16 Oct 11, 2008
Reply by Christopher

"I just finished watching Apartment for Peggy (1948) and I really should write this o…"

Bill replied Aug 24, 2008 to Bit Players

16 Oct 11, 2008
Reply by Christopher

"Not really stretched if you consider he had so many bit parts. There are others too.…"

16 Oct 11, 2008
Reply by Christopher

"Yes there are really so many that I would mention too. I like Eric Blore but I don't…"

16 Oct 11, 2008
Reply by Christopher

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2017   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service