The Golden Age of Hollywood

Anthony Beyle's Discussions (19)

Discussions Replied To (19) Replies Latest Activity

"I got myself another "upgrade" recently, this time Laura on blu-ray. More than anyth…"

Anthony Beyle replied Jan 26 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

919 on Wednesday
Reply by M.T. Fisher

"I finally got North by Northwest on blu-ray this week. It's fantastic! If you only h…"

Anthony Beyle replied Nov 16, 2017 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

919 on Wednesday
Reply by M.T. Fisher

"This week I went from Thirteen Women to The Mask of Fu Manchu. No masterpieces by an…"

Anthony Beyle replied Nov 10, 2017 to What Are You Watching?

312 Sep 25
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"Yes, I'm wondering where I could possibly go after my comedy of the week, too... per…"

Anthony Beyle replied Oct 26, 2017 to What Are You Watching?

312 Sep 25
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"Did you decide? I missed this too but I've been so busy! How about Holiday? It's one…"

Anthony Beyle replied Oct 21, 2017 to What Are You Watching?

312 Sep 25
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"Would The Show of Shows count? I believe it was mostly shot in Technicolor but some…"

Anthony Beyle replied Sep 22, 2017 to A Game I Play

20088 Oct 3
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"I can only of think of one and it's City Lights. I'll probably watch it again soon t…"

Anthony Beyle replied Sep 2, 2017 to Any classic dramas ever made you cry?

189 Sep 2, 2017
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"I'll stay away from Mississippi and probably go back to It's a Gift or something aga…"

Anthony Beyle replied Sep 2, 2017 to What Are You Watching?

312 Sep 25
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"Thanks to both of you, and I will!"

Anthony Beyle replied Aug 30, 2017 to What Are You Watching?

312 Sep 25
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"That sounds like a very interesting duo Rosie! Joan Bennett is always great too. You…"

Anthony Beyle replied Aug 30, 2017 to What Are You Watching?

312 Sep 25
Reply by Rosie Sayer

RSS

Groups

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service