The Golden Age of Hollywood

Ktrek's Discussions (550)

Discussions Replied To (258) Replies Latest Activity

"I sat behind a young lady at church this last week who had a severe cold and so natu…"

Ktrek replied Oct 26 to What Are You Watching?

275 Nov 10
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"I watched the 7 Faces of Dr. Lao with Tony Randall. It's a fantasy film by George Pa…"

Ktrek replied Oct 21 to What Are You Watching?

275 Nov 10
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"I might have some of these as well but it's going to be a couple of weeks before I c…"

Ktrek replied Sep 14 to Looking for these in trade

2 Sep 14
Reply by Ktrek

"I think I have a copy of it but my library is still unpacked. It's probably going to…"

Ktrek replied Sep 14 to The Perfect Marriage - David Niven & Loretta Young

4 Sep 15
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"One of my favorites! I haven't watched that is several years. Now I have to dig it o…"

Ktrek replied Jul 7 to What Are You Watching?

275 Nov 10
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"I haven't been watching many movies lately, but one I did see and loved was Hacksaw…"

Ktrek replied May 31 to What Are You Watching?

275 Nov 10
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"Can't say that I've had any issue. Have you cleared your cookies, cache and browser…"

Ktrek replied May 31 to Verifications - what's going on?

4 Jun 1
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"Hi, Midge! It seems like I haven't seen you in years!  :) Kevin"

Ktrek replied Feb 18 to see JOLSONS JAZZ SINGER take2!

14 Sep 11
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"Watched three Randolph Scott films this weekend. Ft. Worth (1951), Tall Man Riding (…"

Ktrek replied Dec 4, 2016 to What Are You Watching?

275 Nov 10
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"I think the Mest West Glamour Collection is inexpensive and well worth the money. Sh…"

Ktrek replied Dec 1, 2016 to What Are You Watching?

275 Nov 10
Reply by Anthony Beyle

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2017   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service