The Golden Age of Hollywood

Tim's Discussions (57)

Discussions Replied To (46) Replies Latest Activity

"This month's acquisitions include Roman Polanski's REPULSION from Amazon marketplace…"

Tim replied Feb 10, 2009 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

920 Oct 24
Reply by M.T. Fisher

"There are literally dozens of different stage adaptations of Stoker, many of which a…"

Tim replied Jan 14, 2009 to Who's Your Favorite Count Dracula?

43 Sep 1, 2014
Reply by Donald Walker

"Anyone whose read the Deane-Balderston play (I've never actually seen it performed)…"

Tim replied Jan 13, 2009 to Who's Your Favorite Count Dracula?

43 Sep 1, 2014
Reply by Donald Walker

"It's rather amusing to note that Langella has now played both Dracula and Richard Ni…"

Tim replied Dec 1, 2008 to Who's Your Favorite Count Dracula?

43 Sep 1, 2014
Reply by Donald Walker

"No doubt about it, Wallace Beery--then I'd know for certain whether it was me who be…"

Tim replied Nov 10, 2008 to IF YOU COULD BE RE-INCARNATED...

80 Nov 13, 2014
Reply by Ginny

"I know it sounds wacky, and I don't know if this is a 'classic drama' or not, but th…"

Tim replied Oct 22, 2008 to Any classic dramas ever made you cry?

189 Sep 2, 2017
Reply by Anthony Beyle

""Who, Sir?" "YOU, Sir!" "ME, Sir?" "YES, SIR!" No doubt about it, Leslie Howard. Sha…"

Tim replied Oct 14, 2008 to The Scarlet Pimpernel...Howard or Andrews?..what ? what?

11 Oct 14, 2008
Reply by Christopher

"Petrified Forest and High Sierra for early Bogie, The African Queen and The Caine Mu…"

Tim replied Oct 14, 2008 to Humphrey Bogart

37 Jul 14, 2009
Reply by Juliette Faraone

"Who could it be but Maurice Chevalier?"

Tim replied Oct 3, 2008 to Who is your favorite musical star?

68 Apr 9, 2011
Reply by Cinemaven

"That cemetery is awfully deserty to be in Fort Smith, as is the area around the brid…"

Tim replied Sep 27, 2008 to What Does a Film Have to Have to Be Classified as a "Western?"

14 Sep 27, 2008
Reply by Tim

RSS

Groups

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service