The Golden Age of Hollywood

film_eccentrik's Discussions (103)

Discussions Replied To (87) Replies Latest Activity

"Hello Rosie  ! Thanks for the reply ! Gosh I haven't been on here in a VERY long tim…"

film_eccentrik replied Sep 5 to The Gilded Lily (1935)

3 Sep 5
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"Saw it on the big screen in my home town at an Arts Festival. Twas magical. Lovely g…"

film_eccentrik replied Apr 8, 2012 to Did anyone here get to see The 70th Birthday Screening of Casablanca?

5 Apr 8, 2012
Reply by film_eccentrik

"I don't know if its embarrassing but I suppose its a little awkward. In It Happened…"

film_eccentrik replied Feb 7, 2012 to A Game I Play

19923 Nov 3
Reply by John Frederick Ackroyd

"Haha nice one Pac. In American movies I know the Super Bowl can mean a great deal to…"

film_eccentrik replied Feb 6, 2012 to The “career” of a film buff

7 Feb 24, 2012
Reply by FilmFanatic

"Sounds fun, I'll have a go. I don't know whether I'd qualify as a "serious film buff…"

film_eccentrik replied Feb 6, 2012 to The “career” of a film buff

7 Feb 24, 2012
Reply by FilmFanatic

"Love Vivien Leigh and went through a phase where I read 2 of her biographies (Alexan…"

film_eccentrik replied Jan 25, 2012 to What are your top five smart aleck lines from a classic film of the 30s or 40s?

148 Mar 30, 2013
Reply by Paul Petro

"Thanks, I'll have a look ^_^ And yes, feel free to use this as a sounding board for…"

film_eccentrik replied Dec 12, 2011 to Hard to find/Rare DVDs

6 May 18, 2015
Reply by Philip C Binstead

"Just bought from oldies.com The Bride Goes Wild, The Romance of Rosy Ridge and Her H…"

film_eccentrik replied Dec 12, 2011 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

891 Nov 16
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"It Happened on 5th Avenue just to get into the Christmas mode and becoz its on almos…"

film_eccentrik replied Nov 20, 2011 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

891 Nov 16
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"I think my own love of Top Hat is that it it seems to me more intimate, almost priva…"

film_eccentrik replied Nov 20, 2011 to TOP HAT (1935)

14 Nov 20, 2011
Reply by film_eccentrik

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2017   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service