The Golden Age of Hollywood

Paco Malo's Discussions (2,685)

Discussions Replied To (2662) Replies Latest Activity

"I had this hypothesis the last time I saw this film. My vote: Claude is playing Pric…"

Paco Malo replied May 25, 2014 to A Game I Play

19923 Nov 3
Reply by John Frederick Ackroyd

"One from my top ten list: favorite screwball comedy: Easy Living "

19923 Nov 3

"That bird got famous; I'll say that for him."

19923 Nov 3

"Continued: Below we see Uncle Peter going after The Bird in an inefficient but humor…"

Paco Malo replied May 23, 2014 to A Game I Play

19923 Nov 3

"Stellar behind the scenes photo of shooting preparations."

Paco Malo replied May 22, 2014 to A Game I Play

19923 Nov 3

"Okay, I'll behave. 6. Gone with the Wind (1939). My comments above written as a comm…"

19923 Nov 3

"If you go to an English dictionary and look up wicked you will find the clip of this…"

19923 Nov 3

"That's dessert. But no matter, it was "the It" picture and will be again, once the m…"

19923 Nov 3

"And we're off to dinner at 8:00. Oops. You go girls -- John and I will get our cours…"

Paco Malo replied May 21, 2014 to A Game I Play

19923 Nov 3

"And Rosie can 'bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan ... and never, ever let you…"

Paco Malo replied May 21, 2014 to A Game I Play

19923 Nov 3

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2017   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service