The Golden Age of Hollywood

Andrew's Discussions (11)

Discussions Replied To (11) Replies Latest Activity

"Great idea for a discussion Ginny! There are many wonderful films that are a part…"

Andrew replied Feb 26, 2016 to Classic Film Series

12 Mar 1, 2016
Reply by Ginny

"Just finished Von Ryan's Express. First off, I never even knew of this Frank Sinat…"

Andrew replied Feb 23, 2016 to What Are You Watching?

275 Nov 10
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"Watched Cary Grant in North by Northwest the other night. Great film. Good acting,…"

Andrew replied Feb 11, 2016 to What Are You Watching?

275 Nov 10
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"I've not even seen 100 musicals, much less own that many! But I will one day. As fa…"

Andrew replied Feb 5, 2016 to What Are You Watching?

275 Nov 10
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"I understand. I'm really not much into sci-fi/fantasy. Star Wars is pretty much the…"

Andrew replied Feb 3, 2016 to What Are You Watching?

275 Nov 10
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"Last night I watched An American In Paris for the first time. I've always loved the…"

Andrew replied Feb 2, 2016 to What Are You Watching?

275 Nov 10
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"Thanks for the recommendations y'all! I must say that Dark Victory turned out to be…"

Andrew replied Feb 2, 2016 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

891 on Thursday
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"Not sure how easy or how difficult this might be, but at least it should be interest…"

Andrew replied Jan 28, 2016 to "Connect the Stars" game

3839 Jun 14, 2016
Reply by kareng

"Thanks Kevin. What would you say is Bette Davis' best early film? Or the one I shoul…"

Andrew replied Jan 26, 2016 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

891 on Thursday
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"The last DVD I stumbled across was Bette Davis' 1939 Warner Brother's film Dark Vict…"

Andrew replied Jan 26, 2016 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

891 on Thursday
Reply by Anthony Beyle

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2017   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service