The Golden Age of Hollywood

The Giant's Discussions (55)

Discussions Replied To (11) Replies Latest Activity

"Wow! Kevin that is quite a hall! I'm still waiting for my copies of CITY LIGHTS and…"

The Giant replied Jan 5, 2014 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

923 Jan 30
Reply by kareng

"  How can you rate Mary Pickford a meager 24th on the list? Absurd, without her ther…"

The Giant replied Jan 23, 2011 to Do You Agree With AFI's list of the Top 100 Actors and Actresses?

17 Jan 24, 2011
Reply by Paco Malo

"Where is the list? I don't see it anyplace?"

The Giant replied Apr 27, 2010 to Silents at Cinecon

2 Apr 28, 2010
Reply by Robert S. Birchard

"I bought the Norma and Constance Talmadge Collections from Kino. As both films only…"

The Giant replied Mar 30, 2010 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

923 Jan 30
Reply by kareng

"Clara Bow's HULA (1927) Co-Starring Clive Brook, and Directed by the great Victor Fl…"

The Giant replied Sep 28, 2009 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

923 Jan 30
Reply by kareng

"Derek, They are releasing some new Silents and Pre-codes later this month. I have a…"

The Giant replied Jun 5, 2009 to The beginning of the end of classic DVD releases ?

24 Dec 8, 2010
Reply by Ghosty

"Everyone, They have already dropped the price by a couple dollars per disc to $17.9…"

The Giant replied Jun 4, 2009 to The beginning of the end of classic DVD releases ?

24 Dec 8, 2010
Reply by Ghosty

"Derek, That is terrible about the high cost of shipping to the U.K. I didn't know a…"

The Giant replied May 31, 2009 to The beginning of the end of classic DVD releases ?

24 Dec 8, 2010
Reply by Ghosty

"Derek, I expected fully the Warner Archive line to drop some in price pretty quickl…"

The Giant replied May 31, 2009 to The beginning of the end of classic DVD releases ?

24 Dec 8, 2010
Reply by Ghosty

"Dave, Well, I have a copy, but have never watched it. This picture was made in Cana…"

The Giant replied Feb 6, 2009 to Wolf Blood, 1925

3 Feb 7, 2009
Reply by Christopher

RSS

Latest Activity

Groups

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2019   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service