The Golden Age of Hollywood

M.T. Fisher's Discussions (650)

Discussions Replied To (481) Replies Latest Activity

"I still have a DVD recorder."

M.T. Fisher replied Jan 8 to Is anyone still burning classic movie DVDs off of TV, and how?

4 Jan 9
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"John Wayne, Cary Grant, William Powell, Spencer Tracy, Myrna Loy, Greer Garson, Lill…"

M.T. Fisher replied Nov 16, 2017 to All time favourite golden age hollywood actors?

4 Jan 13
Reply by Ktrek

"Season One of 'Mission: Impossible.'"

M.T. Fisher replied Jul 28, 2017 to What Are You Watching?

294 Jan 19
Reply by kareng

"I'm glad to know you're not a robot."

M.T. Fisher replied Jun 1, 2017 to Verifications - what's going on?

4 Jun 1, 2017
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"I'm in the midst of Kevin Brownlow's 'Hollywood.'  Marvelous series."

M.T. Fisher replied Mar 1, 2017 to What Are You Watching?

294 Jan 19
Reply by kareng

"Have to admit, I prefer The Sea Hawk."

M.T. Fisher replied Jan 1, 2017 to Michael Curtiz

21 Jan 1, 2017
Reply by M.T. Fisher

"Just picked up some memorabilia from We're No Angels this week.  A color 8x10 scene…"

M.T. Fisher replied Dec 30, 2016 to Michael Curtiz

21 Jan 1, 2017
Reply by M.T. Fisher

"I totally agree. Bruce's site gives the best service of anywhere on the planet. In a…"

M.T. Fisher replied Dec 13, 2016 to Looking for movie posters

4 Dec 25, 2016
Reply by Lucian Tomes Jr.

"I've a 1/4 sheet from RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY, and quite some time ago, Joel McCrea si…"

M.T. Fisher replied Dec 6, 2016 to What Are You Watching?

294 Jan 19
Reply by kareng

"I've been watching episodes of 'Maverick.'  I find it interesting that while the ser…"

M.T. Fisher replied Dec 6, 2016 to What Are You Watching?

294 Jan 19
Reply by kareng

RSS

TCM Blog

Jean Harlow, Mary Dees, and SARATOGA

I watched SARATOGA again last night for the first time in years and still found it very depressing. It is so sad to watch Harlow, clearly weak and listless, playing each scene when you know how sick she is. And every time I saw her double Mary Dees’ back turned to the camera, all I […]

Man’s Castle 1933

Embarrassed to say but I just watched Frank Borzage’s Man’s Castle for the first time this week. Wow, what a movie! Spencer Tracy and Loretta Young are both excellent but the way the movie plows headlong into the plight of desperate people during the despression is remarkable. There are some obvious hard cuts in the movie […]

How’s It Going, Everybody?

Every now and then I stop back in to look at some of the updated comments and I’m surprised, and gladdened, to see that there still are comments! Now, I no longer get paid to post here so this is just a “Hi, how are you?” to everyone who still comments here (so don’t freak […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service