The Golden Age of Hollywood

Ginny's Discussions (91)

Discussions Replied To (81) Replies Latest Activity

"I haven't really watched too many of the sci-fi/horror films...I know my sister real…"

Ginny replied Mar 1, 2016 to What Are You Watching?

312 Sep 25, 2018
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"We can't forget the Andy Hardy films either. I used to record them every time they c…"

Ginny replied Mar 1, 2016 to Classic Film Series

12 Mar 1, 2016
Reply by Ginny

"I agree, Rosie! I haven't heard of a lot of these series that people are posting, an…"

12 Mar 1, 2016
Reply by Ginny

"You know, I keep seeing they play the Saint movies on TCM, and I still haven't seen…"

12 Mar 1, 2016
Reply by Ginny

"I forgot about this one! Great movie! I think it is based on a true story?"

Ginny replied Feb 26, 2016 to A Game I Play

20105 yesterday
Reply by Edward Gielty

"Right! Pannise was such a sweetheart! He was kind of like one of Chaplin's character…"

Ginny replied Feb 26, 2016 to A Game I Play

20105 yesterday
Reply by Edward Gielty

"I know most of the East Side Kids movies were in poor condition for that very reason…"

Ginny replied Feb 26, 2016 to Classic Film Series

12 Mar 1, 2016
Reply by Ginny

"I love the Crosby and Hope films. I get such a kick out of how the make fun of each…"

Ginny replied Feb 26, 2016 to Classic Film Series

12 Mar 1, 2016
Reply by Ginny

"I know! No matter how many times you've seen the episodes, they never get old!"

Ginny replied Feb 26, 2016 to What Are You Watching?

312 Sep 25, 2018
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"I have the first 5 seasons of the Andy Griffith Show, and I've been watching them ov…"

Ginny replied Feb 25, 2016 to What Are You Watching?

312 Sep 25, 2018
Reply by Rosie Sayer

RSS

Groups

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2019   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service