The Golden Age of Hollywood

Philip C Binstead's Discussions (40)

Discussions Replied To (8) Replies Latest Activity

"Have a look on YouTube if you don't see the whole film you sometimes get the trailer…"

Philip C Binstead replied May 18, 2015 to Hard to find/Rare DVDs

6 May 18, 2015
Reply by Philip C Binstead

"I have always thought Cameo Kirby (1923) starring John Gilbert and Jean Arthur was a…"

Philip C Binstead replied Jan 14, 2015 to What was the last "classic" movie you watched?

305 Jan 14, 2015

"I'm an Alice Faye fan to I have a fair few of her musicals That Night In Rio and Wee…"

Philip C Binstead replied Sep 1, 2013 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

920 Oct 24
Reply by M.T. Fisher

"I've come in late to this discussion but in regard to 'The Road to' films, my favour…"

Philip C Binstead replied Apr 4, 2013 to What was the last "classic" movie you watched?

305 Jan 14, 2015

"Hi, yes i have bought several stills on e-bay original stills from the Silent Ben Hu…"

Philip C Binstead replied Oct 28, 2012 to eBay treasures

9 Mar 30, 2013
Reply by Paul Petro

"MGM made some fabulous musicals, a little sad that most any filmusical prior to WW2…"

Philip C Binstead replied Sep 28, 2012 to MGM Musicals

15 Sep 28, 2012

"Hi Monty, Seems you have a good sized collection there, it's pretty nye impossible t…"

Philip C Binstead replied Apr 4, 2012 to FILM COLLECTIONS

36 Apr 7, 2012
Reply by Mads Gregersen

"MGM have long been acknowledged as the greatest producers of hollywood musicals, man…"

Philip C Binstead replied Jul 25, 2009 to MGM Musicals

15 Sep 28, 2012

RSS

Latest Activity

Groups

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service