The Golden Age of Hollywood

Tiffany Brannan's Discussions (27)

Discussions Replied To (26) Replies Latest Activity

"I think a Christmas round is a wonderful idea! 3. White Christmas from 1954 is one o…"

Tiffany Brannan replied Dec 20, 2017 to A Game I Play

19975 Feb 11
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"It is so interesting to know about the Technicolor parts of "Ben Hur." I had never h…"

Tiffany Brannan replied Oct 31, 2017 to A Game I Play

19975 Feb 11
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"Without Love is a grand movie. It's humorous, tender, and so delicate. Keenan Wynn i…"

Tiffany Brannan replied Oct 17, 2017 to What Are You Watching?

294 Jan 19
Reply by kareng

"That's very interesting. I have never seen "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre," but I…"

Tiffany Brannan replied Oct 9, 2017 to What Are You Watching?

294 Jan 19
Reply by kareng

"There have been some excellent films listed recently. I haven't mentioned one in a w…"

Tiffany Brannan replied Oct 6, 2017 to A Game I Play

19975 Feb 11
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"22. Bell, Book, and Candle from 1957. This is a color film with Kim Novak and Jimmy…"

Tiffany Brannan replied Sep 29, 2017 to A Game I Play

19975 Feb 11
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"This is a wonderful choice, John, and you posted some excellent"

Tiffany Brannan replied Sep 27, 2017 to A Game I Play

19975 Feb 11
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"That is an excellent one, John! 20. On Moonlight Bay. This is a charming, World War…"

Tiffany Brannan replied Sep 27, 2017 to A Game I Play

19975 Feb 11
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"17. The Tender Trap from 1955. This is a color movie, but there is one scene in Debb…"

Tiffany Brannan replied Sep 26, 2017 to A Game I Play

19975 Feb 11
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"I'm glad that you have joined the game and that you like the topic which I suggested…"

Tiffany Brannan replied Sep 26, 2017 to A Game I Play

19975 Feb 11
Reply by Rosie Sayer

RSS

TCM Blog

Jean Harlow, Mary Dees, and SARATOGA

I watched SARATOGA again last night for the first time in years and still found it very depressing. It is so sad to watch Harlow, clearly weak and listless, playing each scene when you know how sick she is. And every time I saw her double Mary Dees’ back turned to the camera, all I […]

Man’s Castle 1933

Embarrassed to say but I just watched Frank Borzage’s Man’s Castle for the first time this week. Wow, what a movie! Spencer Tracy and Loretta Young are both excellent but the way the movie plows headlong into the plight of desperate people during the despression is remarkable. There are some obvious hard cuts in the movie […]

How’s It Going, Everybody?

Every now and then I stop back in to look at some of the updated comments and I’m surprised, and gladdened, to see that there still are comments! Now, I no longer get paid to post here so this is just a “Hi, how are you?” to everyone who still comments here (so don’t freak […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service