The Golden Age of Hollywood

kareng's Discussions (2,737)

Discussions Replied To (2657) Replies Latest Activity

"Happy to keep going to, can think of another one or two I think"

kareng replied Oct 31 to A Game I Play

19923 Nov 3
Reply by John Frederick Ackroyd

"This is not actually from Billy Elliott movie, but it was this number that they show…"

kareng replied Oct 26 to A Game I Play

19923 Nov 3

"31.  Billy Elliott (2000)     Stars:  Jamie Bell, Julie Walters, Jean Heywood   A t…"

kareng replied Oct 26 to A Game I Play

19923 Nov 3

"4.  The Wizard of Oz (1939)  Judy Garland, Jack Haley, etc. etc. etc. wonderful cast…"

kareng replied Sep 18 to A Game I Play

19923 Nov 3

"Yes, was wondering if they would count.  Its a very interesting category and not lik…"

19923 Nov 3

"Agree it would be a tough category. Maybe go to 10 or something ?  If we're going fr…"

19923 Nov 3

"If Urban Cowboy counts, Rosie, do we now have 50, (i.e. UC can be no. 50?) have we…"

kareng replied Sep 17 to A Game I Play

19923 Nov 3

"49.  It (1927)  Clara Bow The writer of the It book and creator of the "It" concept,…"

kareng replied Sep 17 to A Game I Play

19923 Nov 3

"Just checked, its not been mentioned.  So all good for Entry # 43!  :D "

kareng replied Sep 13 to A Game I Play

19923 Nov 3

"I do love this movie!"

kareng replied Aug 31 to A Game I Play

19923 Nov 3

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2017   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service