The Golden Age of Hollywood

Ghosty's Discussions (13)

Discussions Replied To (12) Replies Latest Activity

"I seem to recall classic films vanishing from the U.S. airwaves in the mid-80's and…"

Ghosty replied Feb 19, 2011 to Young people and classic films

48 Aug 16, 2012
Reply by Al Pearce

"Oh, it's called Lana Lovers (doh!) http://goldenageofhollywood.ning.com/group/lanal…"

Ghosty replied Jan 26, 2011 to Lana Turner group now up

1 Jan 26, 2011
Reply by Ghosty

"9 people so far. That's pretty good! BTW Mad: I did set up a Lana Turner group. It's…"

Ghosty replied Jan 26, 2011 to Any CLAUDE RAINS fans out there?

53 Jan 26, 2011
Reply by Ghosty

"Sure, I'd join one. :) I first started really paying attention to him while watching…"

Ghosty replied Jan 21, 2011 to Any CLAUDE RAINS fans out there?

53 Jan 26, 2011
Reply by Ghosty

"I have to admit that for many years I never really paid any attention to him but now…"

Ghosty replied Jan 20, 2011 to Any CLAUDE RAINS fans out there?

53 Jan 26, 2011
Reply by Ghosty

"It looks to me that Warner Archive has been focusing more on 70's cartoons and TV sh…"

Ghosty replied Dec 8, 2010 to The beginning of the end of classic DVD releases ?

24 Dec 8, 2010
Reply by Ghosty

"How many of these remakes have to come out only to become tremendous flops before Ho…"

Ghosty replied Dec 8, 2010 to The Birds Re-make - ugh

9 Dec 8, 2010
Reply by Ghosty

"Zacherley himself put out a DVD of some of his Roland/Zacherley material a few years…"

Ghosty replied Aug 9, 2010 to Roland/Zachorly horrow shows

1 Aug 9, 2010
Reply by Ghosty

"I saw the Cult Classics set at a Big Lots near me too. Occasionally I'll see Warners…"

Ghosty replied Aug 9, 2010 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

895 Jan 6
Reply by Rosie Sayer

"The public domain sets from AMC/Genius Entertainment are showing up for $3 at Big Lo…"

Ghosty replied Jul 21, 2010 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

895 Jan 6
Reply by Rosie Sayer

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service