The Golden Age of Hollywood

Brenda Loew's Discussions (14)

Discussions Replied To (10) Replies Latest Activity

"Attn: Mae West fans:   "...Cinzi Lavin’s illuminating piece on Mae West, for example…"

Brenda Loew replied Apr 10, 2011 to How do other forum readers/posters rate Mae West?

16 Apr 10, 2011
Reply by Brenda Loew

"I will be ordering the new Tracy-Hepburn DVD set.   Learn more about Tracy & Hep…"

Brenda Loew replied Apr 10, 2011 to What's the last DVD you purchased?

891 on Thursday
Reply by Anthony Beyle

"Does anyone know anything about her stage career before the movies? We are looking f…"

Brenda Loew replied Jun 4, 2009 to Bette Davis question/opinion

17 Jul 18, 2009
Reply by Sunny

"I really ought to go over to BU (Boston University) and see the Bette Davis exhibit:…"

Brenda Loew replied Apr 26, 2009 to Bette Davis question/opinion

17 Jul 18, 2009
Reply by Sunny

"Glenda Farrell does an impersonation of Mae West in Man's Castle. Has anyone seen it…"

Brenda Loew replied Nov 15, 2008 to How do other forum readers/posters rate Mae West?

16 Apr 10, 2011
Reply by Brenda Loew

"Bette was so intense. I think it was a combination of her personality and her screen…"

Brenda Loew replied Oct 7, 2008 to Bette Davis question/opinion

17 Jul 18, 2009
Reply by Sunny

"I'd change the ending to The Divorcee -- Norma Shearer would not go back to Ted but…"

Brenda Loew replied Sep 26, 2008 to If You Could Change The Ending . . .

68 Sep 26, 2008
Reply by Brenda Loew

"I adore the turn of the 20th century musical scene in Bottoms Up called "Waitin' At…"

Brenda Loew replied Sep 21, 2008 to Who is your favorite musical star?

68 Apr 9, 2011
Reply by Cinemaven

"I forget how The Sting ends.... so I wonder if The Sting could really have been made…"

Brenda Loew replied Sep 19, 2008 to What if . . .

304 Sep 26, 2008
Reply by M.T. Fisher

"M.T. Fisher, I agree with you 100%. Tracy enjoyed teaming up again with many of his…"

Brenda Loew replied Sep 14, 2008 to The Last Hurrah

11 Sep 14, 2008
Reply by Brenda Loew

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2017   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service