The Golden Age of Hollywood

Sue Lee's Discussions (46)

Discussions Replied To (21) Replies Latest Activity

"I taught kids in high school about classic films and used them in the English syllab…"

Sue Lee replied Mar 7, 2011 to Young people and classic films

48 Aug 16, 2012
Reply by Al Pearce

"Of course, Fonda and Fort Apache!! Doah. I don't like Fonda. Ward Bond? A very contr…"

Sue Lee replied Dec 7, 2010 to The Films of John Ford

13 Mar 13, 2014
Reply by Patti

"I agree, "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" is a terrific film - isn't that the one where Wa…"

Sue Lee replied Dec 7, 2010 to The Films of John Ford

13 Mar 13, 2014
Reply by Patti

""My Darling Clementine" is a huge disappointment. Ford had some bombs, to be sure. H…"

Sue Lee replied Nov 30, 2010 to The Films of John Ford

13 Mar 13, 2014
Reply by Patti

"Yes, I loved "Red River" and that is, of course, a Howard Hawks film!! That scene wh…"

Sue Lee replied Nov 30, 2010 to The Films of John Ford

13 Mar 13, 2014
Reply by Patti

"Yes, I think you're on to something here Classic Movie Man!! Now, the logistics frig…"

Sue Lee replied Nov 12, 2010 to Research topic for University

4 Nov 12, 2010
Reply by Sue Lee

"Yes I have, M.T.!! Funny you should say that because I have university music qualifi…"

Sue Lee replied Nov 7, 2010 to Research topic for University

4 Nov 12, 2010
Reply by Sue Lee

"Screwball comedy - my favourite of all genres!! And how these comedies have influenc…"

Sue Lee replied Nov 6, 2010 to Announcement: the Screwball Comedies Group has reached 100 members!

8 Nov 7, 2010
Reply by Ktrek

"My faves: 1. Daniel Day-Lewis 2. Joaquin Phoenix 3. Gregory Peck 4. William Holden 5…"

Sue Lee replied Nov 4, 2010 to YOUR TOP TWENTY FAVORITE ACTORS

20 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by Paul Petro

"Favourites in no particular order: Jessica Lange Greta Garbo Rosalind Russell Carol…"

Sue Lee replied Nov 3, 2010 to Twenty Favorite Actresses

41 Oct 16, 2013
Reply by Leigh

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service