The Golden Age of Hollywood

Other Movie Topics (107)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Superseven Episode 31 1/2 is Posted

Here is Episode 31 1/2 of "Adventures Of Superseven" titled "Superseven A Go Go!". A pulse pounding 2 minutes that I dare you not to move…

Started by Bob Griffith

0 May 30, 2013

New Superseven Episodes!

Here is episode 31 of "Adventures Of Superseven" titled, "Operazione: Video Musicale". A silly, different and fun musical romp with a final…

Started by Bob Griffith

0 May 23, 2013

Mother's Day Quiz

In honor of Mother's Day, I'm reposting this quiz that I created a few years back. I hope it's neither too hard nor too easy, just amusing…

Started by Rosie Sayer

6 May 12, 2013
Reply by diane

What would YOU pick if you were a TCM guest programmer?

I'll bet those of us who love TCM have thought of how cool it would be to sit in the chair opposite Robert Osbourne, pick the line up for t…

Started by Paul Petro

4 Mar 31, 2013
Reply by Paul Petro

eBay treasures

On occassion I will buy something classic movie-related on eBay - like a vintage magazine or a particularly nice photograph of a star. Does…

Started by Johan van Berkel

9 Mar 30, 2013
Reply by Paul Petro

What are your top five smart aleck lines from a classic film of the 30s or 40s?

If the AFI can do this with their top 100 list , we get to play, too. I will start, in random order, with five I love. Ready, Steady, Go:…

Started by Paco Malo

148 Mar 30, 2013
Reply by Paul Petro

Looking for a movie title

I recall watching, many years ago, a 1930's  pseudo-gangster movieabout a 'war' between two New York taxi companies. One of the companies,…

Started by Gary Lukatch

2 Feb 28, 2013
Reply by Gary Lukatch

Young people and classic films

I am nearly 17 and all of my friends and people my age do not understand why I like "old" movies. I tell them that they're a lot better ( i…

Started by Shiner

48 Aug 16, 2012
Reply by Al Pearce

Superseven - Operation Kiss Kiss Kill Kill is now posted!

Here is the new Superseven episode, "Operation: Kiss Kiss, Kill Kill Part Uno". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do56xHMZ-7U Don't forget t…

Started by Bob Griffith

0 Aug 11, 2012

FAMOUS STARS - HAUNTINGS! OLIVE THOMAS

FAMOUS STARS - HAUNTINGS! OLIVE THOMAS Olive Thomas haunts the New Amsterdam Theatre! After dark, the New York theatre's past comes alive…

Started by Catherine

8 May 11, 2012
Reply by Suzanne Bennett

RSS

Groups

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service