The Golden Age of Hollywood

Other Movie Topics (105)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Jo Stafford

Hi everyone. I know this may be a little off topic for a movie site, but just wanted to pass the sad news along that Jo Stafford died on We…

Started by Matthew

8 Aug 19, 2008
Reply by LadyMadeleine

Movie Vs Reproduction Quality

How much does the quality of the reproduction your watching affect your enjoyment (or should I say satisfy your cravings)? Our local cinem…

Started by Terry Flynn

5 Aug 17, 2008
Reply by Joanne C

What percentage?

I was wondering what percentage members watch classic films compared to say TV, recent movies, rentals, etc? Do you watch mostly classic fi…

Started by Ktrek

15 Jul 1, 2008

Mother's Day Classic Movie Quiz

In honor of Mother's Day, here is a little trivia quiz I made up. I hope it's not too easy, just amusing enough. See how many you can name…

Started by Rosie Sayer

7 May 11, 2008
Reply by Rosie Sayer

Classic Movies, Technology, High Defination, & DRM:

Over the last couple of weeks, I've enjoyed chatting with the new members of this network, I have been pleasently surprised by the number o…

Started by Kenneth Lawson

1 Mar 23, 2008
Reply by Kenneth Lawson

RSS

TCM Blog

StreamLine Has Moved to Tumblr!

On November 1, 2017 FilmStruck’s blog, StreamLine, moved to Tumblr. This archive will remain active for anyone looking to access older content, but going forward our daily posts dedicated to cinema will appear on FilmStruck’s Tumblr page. See the the link below to be redirected to our new location. http://filmstruck.tumblr.com/tagged/streamline-blog  

Affairs of the Heart: The Wedding Night (1935)

To view The Wedding Night click here. The Wedding Night was doomed from the start. It was producer Samuel Goldwyn’s final attempt at making the Ukrainian actress Anna Sten into a Garbo-level star, and his persistence had become something of a Hollywood joke. The Wedding Night became known around town as “Goldwyn’s Last Sten,” but […]

Murnau and the Phantoms of Germany

To view Phantom click here. It’s that time of year when Nosferatu (1922), F.W. Murnau’s interpretation of Dracula, appears on lists of recommended horror films. The oldest, existing film version of Bram Stoker’s novel, Nosferatu is likely Murnau’s most watched title. It’s eerie Expressionist style was a major influence on the American horror genre, but […]

© 2018   Created by Ktrek.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service